top of page
  • Writer's pictureSeth Flora

8 Social Media Marketing Tips


8 Social Media Marketing Tips

Seth's 8 Social Media Marketing Tips


Social media marketing isn’t rocket science, but it does require a strategic blend of art and science. As the person steering the ship at my marketing agency for over five years, I've learned a thing or two. Here are 8 social media marketing tips you really need to know:


1. Post With Precision

It’s not about bombarding your followers; it’s about striking the right balance. Each platform has its rhythm—Instagram’s sweet spot is 3-5 posts a week, whereas TikTok demands a more robust 2-3 posts a day. Overdoing it can make your content seem like white noise, diminishing its impact. Find your platform's rhythm and stick to it.


2. Authenticity Over Perfection

People crave genuine connections, not flawless presentations. Ditch the high-end photoshoots for content that feels real and relatable. Speak to your audience like you’re having a conversation with them, not delivering a boardroom presentation. Authenticity fosters trust, and trust turns followers into customers.


3. Value Before Sales

If your social media looks like a digital billboard, you’re doing it wrong. Nobody logs onto social media to be sold to. Use the 80/20 rule as your guide: 80% of your content should inform, entertain, or engage your audience, leaving 20% for direct sales. This approach ensures your brand is always welcome in their feed.


4. Innovation Is Key

The digital landscape is ever-evolving, and so should your content strategy. Sticking to what’s safe can make your brand stagnant. Experiment with new formats, trends, and messaging. Failure is just part of the game—what matters is the learning curve that comes with it. Innovate continuously, and watch your engagement grow.


5. Storytelling Sells

Humans are wired for stories. They’re how we connect, learn, and remember. Use storytelling to make your brand memorable. Share your journey, the problems you solve, and the lives you’ve touched. Stories transform your brand from a faceless entity into a character in your audience's daily narrative.


6. Video: The Ultimate Hook

Video content commands attention in a way that text and photos simply can’t. Whether it’s a behind-the-scenes look, a tutorial, or just a fun moment, videos can convey your message quickly and effectively. Remember, you have just a few seconds to catch their interest, so make every moment and every frame count.


7. Know Your Arena

Your audience isn’t everywhere; they have their preferred spots. Investing time and resources into platforms where your target audience is scant is like shouting into the void. Do your research. If your audience skews younger, TikTok and Instagram are your battlefields. Targeting professionals? LinkedIn is where you should be. Fish in the right pond.


8. Uniformity Builds Brand Recognition

Every tweet, post, and story is an opportunity to imprint your brand in the minds of your audience. From the colors and fonts you use to the tone of your messaging, consistency is key. It’s not just about being recognized—it’s about being remembered. A cohesive brand identity across all platforms reinforces who you are and what you stand for.


Wrapping up, the heart of effective social media marketing lies in striking the perfect balance between strategic planning and genuine engagement. It’s easy to get caught up in the vanity metrics and lose sight of what truly matters—connecting with your audience in a meaningful way.


Remember, social media is a tool, not the entire toolbox. Each tip we've discussed is a cog in the larger machine of your marketing strategy. The real magic happens when these cogs work seamlessly together, powered by authenticity, creativity, and a deep understanding of your audience.


Comments


bottom of page